I have been reconsidering the real purpose of my blog recently. I’ve made some significant changes to the introductory material. I haven’t kept up to date with some of the facilities now available in WordPress. I want to improve the appearance of Pages and add a bit of colour and I want to create a meaningful header. I’m planning to relaunch the blog in the autumn.
Apart from cosmetic changes to the introductory Pages this Post will be replaced by one entitled, “You are not alone”. In the meantime you can see what that will be like by clicking here.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
It is said that more than 3 million people are leaving traditional Christian Churches in Europe and N America every year.
- Many have become ‘disillusioned’ with some aspects of what they had been taught about Christianity (or CHRISTENDOM).
- Many feel ‘lost’ – maybe afraid – because they don’t sense what they are expected to sense – and wonder if their faith is genuine – or whether they are really Christians.
- Some talk about having been ‘wounded’ or ‘hurt’ by the church.
- Others realise that they had been indoctrinated from an early age.
- It’s probably true that the majority have simply rejected everything that they had been taught. But some of us just can’t let go! We go on questioning – sensing that there is something more!
Instead of writing a book I started developing a web site 16 years ago where I began to share many of the questions I had been asking about Christianity over the years. I had no idea then how much my thoughts were going to change after being in touch with something over 2,000 people on the web in the last 12 years. This blog is my attempt to share some of that journey and many of the questions that I asked over the years – and encourage others to think for themselves!